The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to and end...

Monday, June 8, 2015

First week on the 21 Day Fix

Good morning!!

It's 9:00 am, and I've been up for 4 hours already!  That alone boggles my mind.  Let me tell you why.
I. am. not. a. morning. person.
However, since starting the 21 Day fix my sleeping habits have completely changed.
Anyone else out there a night owl like me?
My old routine had me staying up until sometimes 1:00 am (or even later once or twice a week), and getting up around 6:30 am to get the kids up for school.
My morning routine was a hard one on all of us (myself and the kids).  My children definitely suffered from this routine: I was grumpy in the morning, I was rushed in the morning, I would end up not getting up early enough to do my morning devotions, and I'd be tired all day- sometimes taking a nap by 10:00 am and leaving my poor 3 year old to fend for himself.

Definitely not getting mom of the year here.
But now, things are completely different and it's not even been a full week yet.  
I feel so much better already, and I'm starting to get a better routine going.
I have my alarm set for 5:09 am (don't you just love that odd time?), I hit snooze once but usually get up before the alarm buzzes again.
I'm in the living room by 5:20 to do my 30 minute workout.  I just love that it's only 30 minutes!!
By 6:00 am I'm getting my 3 oldest kids up to go work with their 4-H goats before school.
6:45 am and all the kids are back in the house eating breakfast or finishing getting ready for school.
7:00 am I do a little devotion with them and pray before the bus picks them up.
7:20ish I'm at the table doing my own morning devotion- praying and reading my Bible.
By 8:00 am I'm checking email, Facebook, etc.  My little one loves watching Daniel Tiger on PBS so he's watching that while I get to drink my coffee and do my own thing.
And by 9:00 I'm feeling ready to tackle the daily chores.
Lately by 9:00 PM, I'm starting to feel tired and usually now by 10:00 PM I'm heading to bed.
So you see, since this 21 Day fix started my routine is so much better!  

I'm feeling better physically, emotionally, spiritually!



The workouts have definitely made a difference in how I'm feeling.  I love that they are short, but they are tough- especially in the beginning when you haven't worked out in a while, or even if you have they are varied that you feel like you're getting a real workout!
Because of the workouts I feel like I have more energy- even though they leave me exhausted when I'm done.  And by the time I go to bed I sleep better than I have in a long time.

If you're looking for something new in the workout and nutrition area then please check this program out, you won't regret it!
Next time I'll talk about the nutrition part and how it's been working for me.
Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment