I haven't been around much lately, the past few weeks have just been busy for my family and this blog was put on the back burner. At first I felt guilty that I wasn't posting as often as I thought I should, but I had come to realize that this blog very well should be put on the back burner and my family on the front. As housewives, our family's should never play second-best to our "extracurricular activities" such as blogging. I don't know that I'll ever have a blog where I'll have a new post every day of the week, at least not while my children are young. There may be times that I'll post more often, and there will be times (like in these past few weeks) that my posts will be sporadic, but I don't hope you'll keep following- I dearly love reading your comments and hearing from other like-minded women.
So, on to my "real" post...
Today I purchased the e-book "31 Days to Clean. Having a Martha House the Mary Way". Today was the last day it was on sale so I got it for only $2.50, don't you just love deals? I'm really excited about reading it and starting this journey. I have, by nature, a need for order in my house, but with a growing family it can be difficult for me at times to maintain order in my home. I truly want my home to be a haven for my family, a place where my husband and children feel loved and safe and cared for. I do believe this book will give me more insight and encouragement in my goals as a housewife and mother.
I was perusing the chapters earlier and one thing I came across was something called the "Six Things". It went into detail about what this meant but I'll just quickly tell you that the idea behind it was to make a list of just 6 things you want to accomplish the next day. This list is not meant to be long, that way it's easier to accomplish, and as you accomplish each task you cross them off your list. Sounds pretty easy, doesn't it?
So I came up with my 6 things for tomorrow, Monday August 8th, and here they are:
1. Wake up by 6:45 to tell my husband goodbye before he leaves for work.
2. Quiet time (prayer and Bible reading).
3. Breakfast at table with the kids, review memory verse and books of the Bible (we are adding around 6 new books each week).
4. Clean my bedroom and my bathroom (Monday is my day to deep clean the master bed and bath).
5. Change out my Scentsy scents (this sounds simple, but it's been something I've said I'd do for the past 2 weeks and haven't gotten to yet).
6. Help kids with chores (sometimes they need help just staying on track with accomplishing their chores).
So that's it, not too difficult, and definitely a list that I know I can accomplish. Why don't you try to make your own list of 6 Things and let me know how it works for you.
|Mom of 5 kids|